Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ok, now I'm a believer

Ok this isn't some kids pulling a prank, this isn't my imagination, this is the real deal. This is not how things were suppose to go down. This is not what I expected at all. But I can't change what happened, I'll go with what I got now.

Let me rewind for a second. THAT SON OF A BITCH WENT AFTER MY LITTLE SISTER!

Two nights ago I was in bed sleeping and I heard Jessie scream like I've never heard before, sounded of pure fear. My body moved, no time to think, shotgun loaded and in hand, I slammed that door open and there he/it was, tapping on her window. She was curled up in her corner on my far left, I raised the gun and fired two rounds out the window. He seem to twitch with each shot, after the second shot he turned and looked at me. All I could feel was just pure hated directed at me and then, like the first time I saw him, he just vanished.

I had her stay in my bed for the rest of the night. I stayed up and watched over her, gun in hand. I wasn't scared, I was angry. How dare this thing, this coward go after my little sister. She'd done nothing to deserve it.

Thankfully the next morning she woke up fine and asked me in a more calm manner what happened. (I smiled inwardly that some of me and my mom's resilience rubbed off on her.) I just told her it was someone trying to break into the house but I scared him off. (A lie I know but I was not about to tell her what it really was, not yet anyway. She would not understand anyway.) She seemed to accept the explanation and visibly relaxed her body.

Around noon I decided to check outside the window I shot out of and also to pick up the glass shards. This is where I made an odd discovery. Some pieces of the glass as well as a small portion of the wall had this strange black stuff splattered on it, kinda like blood. I thought this thing couldn't be hurt? When I went to touch it to look at it closer it burned my skin and then kinda like vaporized. So far in my studies, I have not come across this thing ever bleeding or being injured in any way, what the hell is this stuff? Blood? What it leaves behind when it touches shit? I don't know, but I want some answers.

I told the neighbors who asked about the gunshots that night that a prowler had tried to break in. The local police stopped by to take a statement. Couldn't really tell them much that would make sense so I just said he had a mask on. They seemed satisfied and said they'd be on the watch.

Last night I moved her bed into my room and put heavy blankets over all the windows in the room. I slept with my shotgun near the bed as usual. She seemed to sleep well, but I had one hell of a time falling asleep. (I think the gravity of the situation was starting to hit me.)

Jessie's at a friend's house today. I went out to the store and bought some supplies as well as some more ammo for my weapons. She is my sister and I will defend her in any way I can. I have to, she's all I got left.

So WHAT DO I DO? Load up and run, check into a high up hotel, a place in the mountains? Seriously, I'm looking in circles for options here. I mean what the fuck!? What did we do to piss off fate. With losing our dad in Iraq and mom dying of cancer, hasn't life kicked the shit outta us enough alfuckinready!?

1 comment:

The Jade Rabbit said...

Hm...Well don't go to Las Vegas cause apparently "It all points to there," now.

Maybe the black stuff was ecto plasim. I think I read about that somewhere. One of the blogs had something about that.

I guess the best thing for right now would be to not panic, fix your window, get a radio or something for an alarm, and make sure no ones been tampering with your fire buzzers. (learned that the hard way.) Think about him as little as you can, and if he shows up again, I'd say leave and try to make it to a crowded city.