Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Atheistic Irony


Been just over a week since our little scare with Mr. Long Pale and Creepy. I’ve been staying up to watch over Jessie at night and sleeping during the day. (I’ve always been a bit of a night owl since I graduated so no real change.) I cannot believe the amount of mint tea that I have burned through in the past week, beats Mt. Dew because it’s actually decent for my health. But still, holy crap load of empty tea boxes.

In other news, dogs from around the neighborhood were going missing. They found them, in the woods, butchered. The police think it’s some cult activity based on the symbols painted on the nearby trees in the dog’s blood. (You can already guess what symbol.) The possibility of cult activity in the town has our pastor concerned.

Speaking of religion in general, I may not be a religious person but my sister still attends church as well as its youth group. She has an end of the summer lock-in coming up and I needed to get some things done without her being in the house. I’m counting on “God’s house” to protect her while I get things ready. But first, I had a favor to ask of Pastor Scott.

I took Jessie to the church and went in with her. I sent her on her way and went with the pastor to his office. Now, a bit of history on Pastor Scott, he’s a military Chaplain who served in the same unit as my father so we know each other pretty well. I know that anything I say stays with him, no questions.

I told him ahead of time that I’d be coming to see him and that I had a bit of an odd request of him. I sort of explained my situation to him. I basically said I had some “demons” that needed taken care of. I half expected him to question my mention of demons and me being atheist but he didn’t. I fully expected him to protest when I requested that he bless my ammo. (I know I’m fucking nuts I get it.) But he surprised me again by simply nodding and asking if I had them with me. We went out to my car and moved the ammo from mine to his. He told me to pick them up on Sunday when I pick Jessie up from the lock-in.

I’m home now and I have some planning to do and some calls to make.

I’ll update when I pick up Jessie on Sunday.

8 comments:

The Jade Rabbit said...

I really doubt shooting the thing is going to make it very happy.

The EMH guys ran him over with a car and didn't phase him. Then again it probably wasn't a holy car but he's not a vampire, he's a parasite that feeds on your thoughts. So unless you plan on shooting your brain, (which I do not suggest,) I'd consider falling back for now.

Zane Andrews said...

I read somewhere that holy water and crosses had some kind of "effect" on it. I've carved crosses into the tips of my rounds. I swear by the bullet just as my father did. Man that sounded cliche'.

The Jade Rabbit said...

Still sounds a bit sketchy to me. I'd test that hypothesis in a more controlled environment before I put any faith in it.

Zane Andrews said...

"Controlled Environment" what about this makes you think I can "control" anything? If something happens, I'll use the rounds, one of two things will happen, either they'll work and I consider getting more, or they'll fail and I'll be screwed. Either way I'm just going on what those before me have laid out.

The Jade Rabbit said...

A controlled environment would be a place where you and your sister don't have any chance of getting skewered. I wouldn't be trying stuff out when you have her around. If you wind up dead what's she going to do?

Zane Andrews said...

If I'm lucky I won't have to use them at all. I know I can't KILL this thing, but slowing it down so I can get us the hell out of dodge seems good to me. Either way, an encounter with me having Jessie would automatically put me in a turn tail and run scenario.

The Jade Rabbit said...

I'd plan ahead for the turn tail run scenario.

Zane Andrews said...

Plans already set, weekend planning I never want to use.