Sunday, August 28, 2011

Something's better than nothing

Things felt different this morning waking up, add in the fact that I was actually sleeping well the past few days and I’d say it was actually a good morning for once.

Picked up Jessie from the church. Pastor Scott walker her over to my truck and handed me a medium sized box wrapped in black felt. He then put his hand on my shoulder and said.

“Just because you don’t believe in God, doesn’t mean he won’t have your back you need him. Be safe kid.”

I seriously felt my throat tighten when he said this to me and for the life of me I don’t know why.

Jessie was really excited about telling me all the things she did while at the lock-in. Seeing her this happy made me almost forget what was going on. It also made me wish our parents were still around to see her grow up, the thought made me teary eyed so I stopped thinking about it.

When we got home, Jessie went to her room and started unpacking and began her normal routine. (Which equated to her just playing video games.) I immediately went to work on the box the pastor gave me, there was defiantly more than just my ammo inside by the feel.

Well, talk about a gift box for the exorcist. Inside was my ammo, a small vial of what I assumed was holy water, a sealed vial labeled: red wine, three communion wafers, and two medallions (“The Soldier’s Prayer” and “Prayer of Confession”). There was also a short letter from the pastor.

Zane,

I can only guess what you are going through that you would come to me with this request. I believe that this was not about your own well being, but about Jessica’s. Whatever you plan to do, I won’t stop you. Just remember, actions have consequences. You’re all she’s got left too. I’m sure your parents would be proud to see how well you’ve cared for her.

With the love of the lord,

Pastor Scott

PS. Know that no matter the struggle, you need not face it alone.

As odd as it sounds, the letter made me feel somewhat more at ease with things. Just knowing that I’d have someone to vent to who wouldn’t judge me, that alone could keep a person awake.

I carved crosses into the tips of the blessed ammo. I did a little research and found that both holy water and crosses have had some kind of effect on this thing. So putting them together on a lethal piece of lead should do something. Right?

Anyway, Jessie starts school tomorrow, I have some work to get done, and altogether this coming week looks somewhat normal.

4 comments:

The Jade Rabbit said...

This pastor sounds like he might know what's going on. You should ask him about it.

Also, are you sure you're an Atheist? Your putting a lot of faith in holy weapons. Like I said, this things all about thoughts, so if you have faith and you want to use holy items, I'd support you.

But I'd come to terms with that faith, before I started shooting Slendy. I guess you should believe it's going to work if your going to do this. And I mean believe.

You can't have conflicting ideals or it's not going to work.

Zane Andrews said...

If this is about thoughts then my bullets alone should have been enough to make this thing think twice. Like I said, I'm only going off what I've come across in my research. Know thine enemy, so they say.

The Jade Rabbit said...

Just saying, if you have any self conflict. Might want to resolve that now.

Take me for example. I can't do anything if I'm conflicted. My actions cancel each other out and I am left at a standstill.

Ughh...The word verification wants me to write Ginbolg. What does that even mean?

Lucas said...

All I'm going to say is that I'm not sure of holy symbols or water and it's been hit and miss with them from what I've seen. But if you're going to use them, you're gonna have to believe with everything you've got that it will hurt him.

Good luck mate. Good luck.